Some of our work
Tags70s abbreviations album covers apostrophes bad grammar bad hair bad names book titles captions chinglish Christmas classified ads dance disco double entendres easter engrish food court in hell grammar grievous grammar ironic japan juxtaposition juxtapostion knockoffs lost in translation men looking ridiculous menu items misspelling mistranslations newspaper corrections police blotter police blotter items promotions punctuation restaurant names restaurants retro sarah palin slogans typos vintage vintage advertising warnings wtf
Just in time for Thanksgiving: The 5 most moronic questions the Butterball Turkey help line has gotten
There’s something about a frozen (or fresh) turkey that seems to bring out the moron in some people. At least that’s what it seems like when you see some of the questions the folks at Butterball get asked when they’re manning the phone help lines they open to the public each holiday season.
Here are five of the stupidest questions they’ve been asked during Thanksgiving seasons past:
- Is it okay to thaw my turkey in the bathtub while bathing my kids?
- Can I brine my turkey in the washing machine?
- Can I use my oven’s self-cleaning cycle to speed up the cooking process?
- If I cut my turkey with a chainsaw will the oil affect the taste?
- Can I take my frozen turkey into my sauna to thaw it faster?
(And, just in case you were wondering, the answers are: No; no; no; probably not, but you might run into other troubles; and you could, but not the best idea.)